i can’t believe, on this day, 420
oooo hell yeah he is fine af
ooo hell yeah thats an invite, if she dont take it i will hell yeah he hot
Isshuukan Friends Episode 3 - Taking Control of Your Life
- This episode cranked up the drama. Rather than just being “fuzzy atmosphere”, we’ve actually had drama, and growth. No, the growth I’m referring to has nothing to do with Fujimiya remembering something, that’s a plot-event. I’m talking about character changes and being forced to grow.There’s a reason Fujimiya had been shocked when told, “You have to speak up for yourself. (You have to be the one to reach out to others, to make a bond, and maintain it.)” Hase is happy to speak up for Fujimiya, but just like last week, her past-self can’t make friends for her. Hase can’t make friends for her. Only she is in control of her own life.
- “Do you not like Fujimiya either?” – “Who a person hangs out with is their own choice.” Wise Shogo, summarizing the whole philosophy of “Friends of Friends” into one sentence. Well, let’s try to break it down anyway:
- Hase doesn’t need Shogo’s approval. If he wants to spend time with Fujimiya, he should.
- Hase shouldn’t try to get Shogo to like Fujimiya. So Hase wants to spend time with her, it doesn’t mean his friend should as well.
- Well, guess it’s pretty simple, even if often overlooked, as we want the people we enjoy spending time with, to be able to spend time with them all together. I think Hase is trying to get Fujimiya to have more friends, because that’s her wish.
- Shogo is an amusing audience stand-in. He’s a cooler head male, complaining about the “Fuzzy atmosphere“, noting that Hase and Fujimiya appear to exist in a slightly different reality than the rest of us. But that’s why we like it. And yes, Hase is silly, asking Shogo to come, and then getting angry at him for that very same reason. Hase is an emotional and impulsive one, but Shogo knows it, and he also knows it’ll blow over. Which is sort of funny. Fujimiya is the one with the weekly memory erasure, but it’s Hase who is as flighty and as quick to change as the wind. I guess when you lose memories every week as Fujimiya does, you tend to try and cling to what you have left.
- Fujimiya’s shocked face when Shogo mentioned the possibility of brain damage truly did surprise me. This means she had never mentioned her situation to her parents. I thought they knew. Hm.
- Hase trying to convince us how good of a person/friend Shogo is amusing. I think his willingness to help when it matters, to silly Hase, is what truly makes him a good friend.
Valuable opinions from Shougo Kiryuu #1